This morning we furnished utter amenities to our children. But there are unfortunate persons who cannot complete their studies due to many rationales. Inspires of facing such a dilemma they shine over worldwide. Do you know who Dhyan Chand is? Do you know his entire life journey? If you want to access more about him, then stay tuned to this article.
Dhyan Chand is recognized as a world-renowned hockey player. He was paroled on 29 August 1905 in Allahabad. We lost this legend on 3 December 1979 because of the rationale of liver cancer.
|Real Name||Dhyan Singh|
|Nick Name||Hockey Wizard, The Wizard, Chand (Hindi for The Moon)|
|Profession||Indian Hockey player|
|Date of Birth||29 August 1905|
|Birthplace||Allahabad, United Provinces of Agra and Oudh, British India|
|Date of Death||3 December 1979|
|Place of Death||Delhi, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||74 Years|
|Cause of Death||Liver Cancer|
|Hometown||Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hobbies||Fishing, Cooking, Cricket, Carrom, Fishing|
|Educational Qualification||6th class|
|Height (approx)||in centimetres- 170 cm|
in meter- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’7”
|Weight (approx)||in Kilogram- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eyes Colour||Dark Brown|
Family, Parents & Siblings
- Dhyan Chand didn’t possess the idea to enrich his career in the hockey field.
- But when he made the jump to the army, his interest in hockey lead to an increase.
- Therefore in 1921, he was inaugurated to play hockey.
- He had the tremendous support of his father as well as of the coach.
|International Debut||New Zealand Tour (April 1926)|
|Coach/Mentor||Subedar-Major Bhole Tiwari (First Mentor)|
Pankaj Gupta (First Coach)
|Domestic/State Team||Jhansi Heroes|
|Nature on field||Energetic|
|Service/Branch||British Indian Army|
|Joined Army As||Sepoy (in 1922)|
|Retired As||Major (in 1956)|
Major Dhyan Chand achieved numerous trophies in hockey matches. He was designated with a gold medal thrice in inter-continental matches. Also, enumerating this Dhyan Chand possessed the award of Padma Bhushan.
Dhyan Chand Award
|Favourite Food||Fish and Mutton|
|Favourite Dessert||Halwa dripping with ghee|
- Dhyan Chand only knows to sign his signature in the English Language.
- He had created a world record in a hockey game in 200 plus points in just 43 matches.
- Dhyan Chand possessed the customary to drink alcohol frequently.
- Dhyan Chand liked to serve himself to the nation as his father. Mostly he spends the time practicing hockey skills.
|Dhyan Chand earned around 50 pounds in the British time. This morning its influence is significantly less. But during the rule of the British government, it meant a lot.|
Dhyan Chand’s name recognizes the time of his practice sessions. The rationale behind this suggests that he used to practice hockey at night. No one would believe Dhyan studied only till 6th standard. He was recruited into the British Indian army in 1921. After this, he got many opportunities to serve in hockey teams.
Dhyan Chand designated much of the fame worldwide. He faced many dilemmas with his studies due to his father’s professions