Meena Rana was born on 24th May 1975 in Delhi. Her full name is Meena Singh Rana. She is one of the best female singers from Uttrakhand. Many people believe she is the next version of Lata Mangeshkar of Uttrakhand.
Meena Rana started singing from a very early age of her life, as Lata Mangeshkar encouraged her. Her first debut was in 1992 for the movie- “Nauni Pichhadi Nauni,” which is a Garhwali film.
|Full Name||Meena Singh Rana|
|Date of Birth||25th May 1975|
Meena completed her schooling from Buttler Memorial Girls Senior Secondary School, located in Delhi. And after that, she went to Mussoorie, to live with her sister, where she completed her futher education from ‘Mussoorie Girls Inter College‘. Once she finished her schooling, she took admission in Delhi University for pursuing graduation.
|School||Buttler Memorial Girls Senior Secondary School, Delhi|
Mussoorie Girls Inter College
|Education Qualification||Graduation from Delhi University|
Meena Rana belongs to the Garhwali family, however, there is not much information about her parents. Although, She has an elder sister, Uma and a brother, Mohan. She married Sanjay Kumola on 1st December 2001, who is a music director, runs a studio named ‘Surbhi Multi-Track Sound Studio.‘ The couple is blessed with two daughters Surbhi & Pari.
Family, Parents, Siblings
|Husband/ Spouse||Sanjay Kumola (Music Director)|
|Marriage date||1st December 2001|
Daughters- Surbhi & Pari
|Parents||Father- Name Not Know|
Mother- Name Not Know
|Siblings||Brother- Mohan Singh Rana|
Sister- Uma Kumola (elder)
Meena Rana has a passion for travelling, she travelled to several places, and she enjoys listening to music every day. Furthermore, she loves to buy cars, at her home she has a fantastic car collection.
SalaryAs per our current assumption, her net worth of 2020 is between $1 million to $5 million.
- She started singing from the age of 16 at Akashvani Club, situated in Mussoorie. She sang the first song, “Nainon Me Badra Chhaya,” by Lata Mangeshkar. Her relative owned the club.
- She got an offer at the club through her relative. Folk singers named Puran Singh Rawat & Mani Bharti watched her performance at the club and immediately asked her for a contract.
- She never took any training to learn music. After making her debut, she started learning the music.
- Meena and her husband used to sing together back at Akashvani club in Mussoorie. Her sister, Uma thought they look compatible with each other; thus, she arranged their marriage.
- She always wanted to become a nurse instead of a singer.
- She performed in India and abroad like Australia, the USA, and Oman.
In her entire career, she has won numerous awards, such as all three awards of “Young Uttrakhand Cine Awards,” “Best Singer Female,” where she won it in a single row from 2010 to 2012.
Young Uttarakhand Cine Award
|2010||Best Singer Female||Palya Gaun Ka Mohana (Mohana)||Won|
|2011||Best Singer Female||Hit O Bhina (Tu Meri Nasib)||Nominated|
|2011||Best Singer Female||Au Bulanu Yo Pahara (Din Jawani Char)||Won|
|2012||Best Lyrist||Ham Uttarakhandi Chha (Chandra)||Nominated|
|2012||Best Singer Female||Ham Uttarakhandi Chha (Chandra)||Won|
|2013||Best Singer Female||Ai Ja Re Dagadya (Negi Ki Cheli)||Nominated|
|youtube||Meena Rana Official|
nice information.i ll bookmark this page.