Ankit Rajendra Kumar Tiwari is an Indian music director, composer and playback singer, was born on 6 March 1986 in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. He has been active since the year 2010 to date and has given Bollywood many beautiful mesmerizing songs.
Ankit Tiwari parents owned a music troupe which performed at religious convocations in Kanpur called “Raju Suman and party”. He has done his schooling from Jugal Devi Saraswati Vidya Mandir in Kanpur and has trained professionally in classical music from Vinod Kumar Dwivedi in piano, Western vocals, and Dhrupad. Before moving to Mumbai in December 2007 along with brother Ankur Tiwari, he used to work at a radio station in Gwalior as a production head.
|Height (approx)||in centimetres- 170 cm|
in meter- 1.70 cm
in feet & inches- 5’7”
|Weight (approx)||in Kilogram- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements||Chest- 42 inches|
Waist- 33 inches
Biceps- 12 inches
- Upon meeting Pradeep Sarkar, he started his career by working on jingles and composing background music for TV programs, and then he was offered to compose music for films such as Do Dooni Chaar in 2010 and Saheb, Biwi aur Gangster in 2011. With the film Saheb Biwi aur gangster, Ankit Tiwari made his first singing debut along with Vipin Aneja, entered the song “Sahib bada hatila”.
- In the year 2012 Ankit Tiwari narrated the song “Sun Raha hai” for Mohit Suri and Mahesh Bhatt for Aashiqui 2.
- With this, Ankit Tiwari composed many other songs such as “Aag ka dariya from Ishq”, “Falsafa mera falsafa” and “jhatak ke Nacho” from Dee Saturday Night and performed “Kaisa hai Dard Mera” for Subhash Ghai’s Kaanchi.
- He also composed 2 tracks titled Sawaalon Mein and Tequila Wakila for the film Samrat & Co which was rendered by Shreya Ghoshal.
- The most successful track by Ankit Tiwari was Galliyan from Ek Villain which was described as the most attractive song of the album.
- Ankit Tiwari along with Jeet Ganguly and Mithun shared his first Filmfare award as the best music director. The team also received the best music director awards from the Zee cinema awards and IIFA awards.
- The song Galliyan from Ek villain by Ankit Tiwari fetched several awards for the best male playback singer including Star guild Filmfare and Stardust award.
- In Filmfare Ankit Tiwari received his nomination as the best music director award at the 60th Britannia Filmfare awards.
- In 2013 he received Mirchi Music awards for upcoming male vocalist and music composed of the year for Aashiqui 2
Family, Parents, Siblings
- Ankit Tiwari was alleged for raping his girlfriend on many occasions with the promise of marriage and he was arrested on 8 May 2014 in Versova Mumbai. But in April 2017 Ankit and his brother were released from all charges by the court as he was not proven guilty.
- Ankit Tiwari’s father was assaulted by Vinod Kambli and his wife in July 2018 in Mumbai mall but when the CCTV footage was checked, the allegation was turned out to be false.
|Favorite Food||Gulab Jamun, Kashmiri Dam Aalu, Rajma Chawal and Gajar Ka Halwa.|
|Favorite Actor||Shahrukh Khan|
|Favorite singers||RD Burman, Kishore Kumar, KK, Ricky Martin, and AR Rahman.|
|Favorite Music Directors||Madan Mohan and Laxmikant Pyarelal|
|Favorite Songs||Chupke Se from Saathiya, Dard Mein from the Train, Zara si, and Haan tu hai from Jannat, and maula mere maula from Anwar.|
|Favorite Restaurant||The Dhaba in Mumbai|
SalaryAnkit Tiwari’s approximate salary is Rs. 6 to 7 lacs per song.
- Ankit Tiwari does not smoke or consumes alcohol.
- Ankit Tiwari always wanted to become a music director and never thought of singing professionally but Tigmanshu Dhulia saw his great singing talent and suggested him to sing songs professionally.
- He almost lost his hope for becoming a singer as many music directors rejected him but Mukesh Bhatt heard his song and later gave him the opportunity to sing in Aashiqui 2 which became a superhit when he sang Sun Raha hai.
- Tu hai ki nahi from Roy, Dil cheez tujhe de di from Airlift, and Tere liye from Sanam re are some of his chartbusters songs.
- He was awarded a doctorate degree on 19 January 2019 by the Victoria Global University in the USA at its 18th convocation held at Russian cultural center.