Since 2011, Mamata Banerjee has served as the Chief Minister of West Bengal. The first woman holds the post. She is a powerful and bright woman. She was one of West Bengal’s nine chief ministers. With Mamata Banerjee’s aid, the Trinamool Congress is sweeping across India. She is the first woman to serve as the Chairperson of the Indian National Congress.
Promileswar Banerjee is her father’s name, while Gayatri Devi is her mother’s. Mamata Banerjee’s nephew is Abhishek Banerjee. Her parents gave her the wonderful moniker ‘DIDI.’ Amit Banerjee, Kali Banerjee, and Ganesh Banerjee are the names of her brothers
|Real Name||Mamata Banerjee|
Chief minister of West Bengal (2011-Present)
|Date of Birth||5 January 1955|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Desh Bandhu Sishu sikshalay|
|College/University||University of Calcutta, Kolkata.|
Shri Shikshayatan College, Kolkata.
Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College, Kolkata.
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology in Bhubaneshwa.
|B.A. (Honours) History|
M.A. in Islamic History
Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Law
Ph.D. in literature
|Political Inclination||All India Trinamool Congress|
|Height (approx)||in centimetres- 163 cm|
in meter- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’4”
|Weight (approx)||in Kilogram- 59 kg|
in pounds- 130 lbs
|Eyes Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
Family, Parents, Siblings
|Parents||Father– Promileswar Banerjee|
Mother- Gayetri Devi
- The political party is the all India Trinamool Congress party established in 1998. She connected with other political affiliations like Indian National Congress until 1998.
- Mamata Banerjee previously served twice as a minister of the railway.
- She was also the first female minister of coal. Minister of human resource development, youth affairs, and sports, women and child development in the cabinet of the Indian government.
- In 1997 due to different political views with the West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee, president somendra Nath Mitra Banerjee left the Congress party in West Bengal.
- She got the CNN- IBN India award of the year in politics.
- In 2012 time magazine named her as one of the hundred most influential people in the world.
- Who are top Bloomberg markets excellent list her among the 15 most influential people in the world of finance in September 2012.
- During a demonstration against the women’s reservation bill in the Lok Sabha in December 1998, Mamata Banerjee controversially grabbed Dogra Prasad Saroj, a Samajwadi Party MP, by the collar and hauled him out of the well.
- Her comments about the rising number of rapes in India drew a lot of flak.
- She previously stated in October 2012 that if men and women dressed alike and held each other’s hands, they would be detected by their parents and reprimanded.
- The West Bengal Council of Higher Education changed the word “rainbow” in Bengali textbooks in January 2017 with “Ramdhanu,” which translates to “Bow of Colors.”
She likes to paint. She is a self-taught painter and poet. Her 300 paintings were sold for 9 crores.
- Mamata Banerjee started her political career at the age of 15. She has developed the skills of poetry and painting without coaching.
- Mamata becomes the first female chief minister of West Bengal.
- Banerjee’s father promised war, and died due to a lack of medical service or treatment when she was 17.
Mamta Banerjee has set up the motivation for all females. She had struggles much in her life. Mamta even lost her father at an early age. Then too, she has flourished among the nation. You can also be like her.