Sambit Patra is a former medical officer of Hindu Rao hospital and contestant of Puri Lok sabha seat in 2019. He was appointed as the spokesperson of BJP for the Delhi unit. From 2011, Sambit also organized a few campaigns for the Bharatiya Janta party and has still retained posts.
Sambit Patra was born on 13 December 1974 at Dhanbad, Jharkhand. The zodiac sign of this Indian politician and doctor is Sagittarius. Sambit Patra is from Odisha and is currently living in New Delhi, India.
|Height (approx)||in centimetres- 170 cm|
in meter- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’7”
|Weight (approx)||in Kilogram- 72 kg|
in pounds- 158 lbs
Sambit Patra was a brilliant student and a powerful orator from his school days. He completed his primary and secondary schooling from Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Bokaro. Sambit Patra completed his MBBS degree in 1997 from VSS medical college and hospital at Sambalpur, Orissa. In 2002, he completed his masters in general surgery from SCB medical college, Cuttack. In 2003, Sambit cleared UPSC combined medical service examination and started working as a medical officer at Rao hospital located at Malka Ganj, Delhi.
|School||Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Bokaro|
|College||• VSS medical college and hospital at Sambalpur, Orissa|
• SCB medical college, Cuttack
|Educational Qualification||MBBS, MS|
Family, Parents, Siblings
|Marital Status||Not Know|
|Wife/ Spouse||Not Know|
|Parents||Father- Rabindra Nath Patra (worked in the Bokaro steel plant, Dhanbad)|
Mother- Not Know
|Siblings||Brother- Not Know|
Sister- Not Know
In 2010, he was elected as the spokesperson of the Bharatiya Janata Party of the Delhi unit. Sambit Patra started his early career as a doctor; later in 2012 he fought the municipal elections from Delhi’s Kashmiri gate but was unsuccessful in winning.
He resigned from the job of the doctor to persuade a full-time job in politics. Patra became the national spokesperson when the Bharatiya Janata Party came to power. Later in 2019 he contested the Puri Lok sabha in the 2019 Indian general election and lost the seat to Pinaki Misra a member of Biju Janta Dal by 11,700 votes.
- Sambit Patra cleared the UPSC examination and was a medical officer.
- In 2014, he organized campaigns for BJP that helped him to gain huge limelight on television.
- In 2017, Sambit Patra was appointed as the non-official director of ONGC by the Appointments Committee of the cabinet.
|Sambit Patra earns about 5.3 lacs and has total assets of ₹ 72 lac. He has ₹ 27 lac of moveable assets ₹45 lac of immovable asset and ₹ 12 lac consists of liabilities.|
- Patra showed up the image of a rising flag on Iwo Jima and said it was of the Indian army at the border. However, later it was found to be an image from World War 2.
- Patra does not smoke or drink alcohol.
- In February 2020, the BJP spokesperson posted from his Twitter account the video of former India national congress member Naseem Khan who was raising slogans “Pakistan zindabad”.