Rohit Shetty was born on 14th March 1973 in Mumbai. His hometown is in Mangalore, Karnataka. Currently, he is 41 years old and has a zodiac sign of Pisces.
|Real Name||Rohit Shetty|
|Date of Birth||14 March 1973|
|Age (as in 2020)||46|
|Hometown||Manglore, Karnataka, India|
|Height (approx)||in centimetres- 185 cm|
in meter- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6′1′
|Weight (approx)||in Kilogram- 80 kg|
in pounds- 176 lbs
Rohit Shetty began his career at a very young age(17), as an assistant director in the movie named ‘Phool aur Kantee’ in 1991. Then he directed numerous films as an action director, which gained enormous fan-following. Films like Chennai Express, Singham, Bol Bachchan, Dilwale and Golmaal series, etc. are the list of hit movies he gave to the audience back to back.
He is known as the ace director for multi starer comedy dramatizations. After he directed Golmaal, he gained massive popularity among the fans. following which, the Golmaal series became a hit blockbuster. He also performed as a judge in Comedy Circus and hosted one of the popular reality show Fear Factor season 5, 6, 9 & 10.
He finished his education from St Mary’s School, Mumbai. However, there’s no specific information about his graduation.
|School||St Mary’s School, Mumbai|
|College / University||Not Know|
|Education Qualification||Not Know|
He has awarded several awards for directing blockbuster action movies and has been nominated in numerous award shows.
Family, Parents & Relationships
SalaryHis net worth is around 25 crore rupees.
|Favourite Actor||Ajay Devgan and Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit and Kareena Kapoor.|
|Favourite Food||Pasta Pomodoro|
- Rohit doesn’t consume alcohol nor does he smoke, which creates a saint image of Rohit in front of his fans.
- His father was a popular villain in the 70s movies and worked as a fight director too.
- At the age of 5-6, his father died.
- He received his first salary, which was only RS. 35 per day
- His debut as a director was a flop with the movie Zameen.
- He owns a production house known as Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Limited.
- Initially, he selected Kareena Kapoor for the lead role in Chennai Express, but Deepika Padukone was finally choosen for that role due to some date schedule issues.
- After his father’s death, the family went into a financial crisis, and then her mother approached Amitabh Bachchan for some help, and he helped them.
- In Fear Factor, to host the show, he charged RS. 30 Lakh per episode.